1851 Trust - Communications and Marketing Manager
The 1851 Trust is the official charity of Land Rover BAR and is based at their state of the art base in Portsmouth. Trust aims to inspire and excite young people to better futures by providing young people with the education and opportunities to become innovators and stewards of the environment. The Trust achieves this by creating exciting, education-based opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) through sailing and sustainability and using the inspiration of the Land Rover BAR sailing team in their challenge for the America’s Cup.
The Duchess of Cambridge is the Royal Patron and Sir Ben Ainslie is Patron of the 1851 Trust, which is chaired by Dame Louise Makin. The Board of Trustees comprises of a number of high profile individuals from the worlds of business and sailing.
Job Title: Communications and Marketing Manager
Reporting to: Projects and Events Manager
Hours of work: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Start dare: ASAP
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 pa according to experience, pro-rata
The 1851 Trust is a small but fast-growing organisation and is at a stage of organisational development which requires this expanded post to raise the profile of the Trust in order to attract new participants to its programmes as well as new donors and supporters to help increase its impact.
You will be responsible for raising awareness of the Trust and acquiring and retaining teachers, parents and young people. You will raise the profile of the 1851 Trust with donors and supporters and position the organisation as a thought leader in the world of ‘STEM’ education and sport development.
The Communications and Marketing Manager will be responsible for:
- Developing and implementing an integrated Communications and Marketing Plan
- Working closely with partners, in particular Land Rover BAR’s Communications Team, to ensure messaging is consistent and opportunities for promoting the Trust are maximised.
- Creating and updating digital content for the Trust and overseeing any Trust related content on partner or programme, including social media planning, delivery and impact analysis.
- Ownership of the relationship with teachers and other key audiences, including the creation and distribution of Trust Newsletters and with full analytics.
- Overseeing the organisations use and development of an effective CRM system
- Maintaining a portfolio of case studies which demonstrate the impact of the Trust’s programmes.
- Working closely with the colleagues on the development of education programme, events and fundraising marketing and communications
- Overseeing all PR activity for the Trust and manage an engagement programme with key media partners
- Responsible for the 1851 Trust Brand and that of any Trust programmes, including ownership & development of Brand Guidelines.
Skills, experience and approach to work
- At least 5 years’ experience in a communications or marketing role
- Knowledge of the education sector will be an advantage
- Organised approach to content planning and managing complex sign-off processes
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of CMS and CRM systems and strong IT skills
- Experience of working with external media
- The ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Good attention to detail and accuracy
- Good knowledge of communication and marketing techniques
- Self-motivation and able to work on own initiative
- The ability to be a team player
- Good creative skills
We are a small team, and accordingly we are seeking someone with a ‘can do’ attitude to tackling tasks and a willingness to help out wherever needed.
How to apply
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter which clearly explains what your skills and experience will bring to this role and the 1851 Trust to Jo D’Alton firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date for Applications: 27 October 2017
Interviews: Monday 30th October at Land Rover BAR, The Camber, Portsmouth